Borth y Gest, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, LL49 9TY
Borth-y-Gest Beaches are located in the small, picturesque village of Borth-y-Gest near Porthmadog. You can access the beaches from the village car park by following the Wales Coast Path signs westwards passing terraced houses.
Borth-y-Gest Beaches Safety Notice
Be aware of the following dangers on Borth-y-Gest beach. Look for the red signs which contain specific information for that part of the beach.
- DANGER – Very strong current
- DANGER – Fast flowing tide
- DANGER – Steep shelving beach, deep water
- Beware of powered craft and sailing boats
- Beware of being trapped on the sandbanks or rocks by the incoming tide
- Beware of soft sand and mud
- Underwater obstructions
- Steep and uneven paths
- Swimming or bathing not advised
- Do not use inflatables or body boards
In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard